The cosmetic dermatologists at DSA Dermatology in Plano, TX work routinely with new and established patients to help them improve their body, skin, nails, and hair. With a wide range of services offered, patients can choose the treatments that best suit their individual, unique needs. Cosmetic dermatology services are a popular choice for both men and women looking to improve their appearance or address aesthetic issues. Drs. Achtman, McConnell and J. Achtman are available to assist, and offer the following cosmetic dermatology services:
- Neuromodulators – Botox and Dysport are two popular neuromodulators used today in the field of dermatology and aesthetics. These neuromodulators are used in reducing the appearance of wrinkles and folds caused by muscle tension. The injections are administered into the muscles of the face to reduce the appearance of crow’s feet, forehead folds, and glabellar lines. The results last many months before patients need reinjection to manage these dynamic wrinkles.
- Dermal fillers – Juvéderm, Voluma, Vollure, Vobella, Ultra XC, Restylane Kysse, Lyft, Defyne, and Refyne are dermal filler products used at the practice of DSA Dermatology. Dermal fillers are a popular choice for patients with mild to moderate signs of aging as they fill fine lines and wrinkles immediately to smooth the skin. Patients can utilize these injectables instead of considering more invasive options such as plastic surgery.
- Laser hair removal – unwanted hair on the body takes time to address each day. Imagine a life without waxing, shaving, and plucking! With laser light energy, our team can target hair follicles in the active growth phase, damaging them to keep them from producing hair in the future. With each treatment session, patients will notice less and less hair in the treated area and can achieve full hair removal with time.
- Photofacials – photofacials, also known as IPL (intense pulsed light) treatments are a great way to address pigmentation concerns on the skin, such as sun spots/age spots, freckles, melasma, and more. These treatments can rejuvenate the facial skin and provide improved texture and tone of the skin’s complexion.
- Chemical peels – exfoliating the skin is best for dull, tired skin that has lost its natural brilliance and beauty. Chemical peels range from mild (superficial) to medium and vary in cost and recovery time.
- Microdermabrasion – another alternative to chemical peels is microdermabrasion, which uses a specialized device with crystals to exfoliate away dead skin cells and brighten the complexion.
- ReSurFX laser resurfacing – patients serious about improving their facial skin may want to ask the team about ReSurFX laser resurfacing. This is the use of a specialized laser device that is run along the skin and penetrates, improving the skin from deep within. Discomfort is minimal like a sunburn and lasts only for about an hour after the treatment. ReSurFX laser resurfacing does require about 48 hours of time away from strenuous physical and serious social activities during the healing process. Makeup may be applied 24 hours after the procedure.
- Sclerotherapy – spider and varicose veins are common complaints amongst patients, and with the use of sclerotherapy, patients can eliminate the appearance of these imperfections on the skin and feel more confident.
- Kybella injections – are you always noticing your “double chin” in photographs? Do you avoid the camera because it appears to add pounds to your face? A double chin, also known as submental fullness, can now be treated with simple injections. Kybella injections are administered into the fat underneath the chin, slowly eliminating fat cells and providing lasting results.
What treatments are right for me?
Many patients who visit the practice of Drs. Achtman, McConnell and J. Achtman are curious about the range of treatment options available to them, and often want assistance in choosing the best solutions for their skin, hair, nails, and body. If you reside in the Plano, TX community and want to work with the best in the area “near me,” we welcome you to call DSA Dermatology at (972) 362-9567 . We are conveniently located at 5072 W. Plano Pkwy, Suite 150, Plano and accept new patients seeking general, cosmetic, and medical dermatology care under one roof!
Why Choose DSA Dermatology?
At DSA Dermatology, we bring to you the best of not one but three leading dermatologists in Plano TX,
Dr. Achtman is a board-certified Dermatologist with over three decades of experience. Having graduated from the medical school of McMaster University, he also studied at the UTSW Medical Center in Dallas, TX where he also served as Chief Resident in the Department of Dermatology. In addition to possessing extensive training and experience in cosmetic enhancement techniques, Dr. Achtman is widely known as a leading expert in the diagnosis and treatment of various skin cancers. He is an active member of the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery. Dr. Achtman goes the extra mile to understand your medical concerns and to ensure that he helps you meet your unique aesthetic goals.
Dr. Carmine G. McConnell is a board-certified physician in Plano TX. Having been trained at McMaster University, Canada, she went on to earn her board certification in Texas. Having served as Chief of Staff of her department at Plano Medical Center, she has over two decades of experience in practicing medicine in her practice and while assisting Dr. Achtman in the practice of dermatology. In addition to her extensive postgraduate training in laser therapy and aesthetic surgery, among other procedures, she possesses vast experience in both cosmetic dermatological techniques and family medicine. As a conscientious and caring physician, Dr. McConnell provides her patients with customized non-surgical treatments to help address health and aesthetic concerns related to the skin. She is also keen on helping patients understand their skin and how it can be cared for and protected.
Dr. Jordan Achtman is a board-certified dermatologist in DSA Dermatology at Plano, TX. Dr. J. Achtman graduated from the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia and completed his residency in dermatology at UT Southwestern. His expertise spans general, surgical, and cosmetic dermatology. Dr. J. Achtman also has various special interests including chronic itch, infectious diseases of the skin, and the relationship between mental health and skin health. He is also very keen on helping patients form healthy skincare regimens and habits. In the hands of Dr. J. Achtman, you can be assured of innovative and cutting edge solutions for all your skin concerns.