Your skin is one of your greatest aesthetic assets. It is also the largest organ in your body, serving many vital functions. Keeping your skin, and your body, healthy is the key to feeling great and looking great. At DSA Dermatology, you can enjoy top quality care from skilled, experienced physicians, delivered in a soothing and inviting atmosphere.
We are dedicated to providing you with the best experience, and the best results possible. We treat a broad range of medical and cosmetic issues. Our dermatologic services include:
– This is the most prevalent skin condition in our nation, affecting adults and adolescents alike. We offer a number of in-office and at-home treatments, as well as procedures to improve the appearance of acne scarring.
– Potentially life threatening, and often avoidable, skin cancer is an alarmingly common condition in America. Dr. Achtman is an expert in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of various skin cancers. Be sure to visit us for screening at least once a year.
Psoriasis, Eczema, and other Rashes
– A skin rash may be minor and fleeting, chronic and debilitating, or a sign of a serious medical condition. Don’t take chances with your health and appearance. If you have a rash, visit us for accurate diagnosis and treatment, if appropriate.
– If you are bothered by acne-like symptoms, facial redness, and thick or bumpy skin, you may have rosacea. Although not technically curable, this condition can be controlled effectively, and the redness can be reduced or eliminated.
Brown Spots and Melasma
– Sun exposure, pregnancy, medication, and hormonal changes are among the most common causes of skin discoloration. Today, we have many ways of treating these problems, from topical skin lightening creams to laser treatments.
– Healthy kids need healthy skin. Unfortunately, children have a penchant for finding playground germs, biting insects, allergen triggers, and other things that impact their skin health. If you notice your child develop a rash or other skin problem, we are here to help.
Count on DSA Dermatology for all of your skin care needs! Call us at (972) 362-9567
and schedule an appointment today.
At DSA Dermatology, we bring to you the best of not one but three leading dermatologists in Plano TX, Dr. Daniel S. Achtman, Dr. Carmine G. McConnell and Dr. Jordan. Achtman.
Dr. Achtman is a board-certified Dermatologist with over three decades of experience. Having graduated from the medical school of McMaster University, he also studied at the UTSW Medical Center in Dallas, TX where he also served as Chief Resident in the Department of Dermatology. In addition to possessing extensive training and experience in cosmetic enhancement techniques, Dr. Achtman is widely known as a leading expert in the diagnosis and treatment of various skin cancers. He is an active member of the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery. Dr. Achtman goes the extra mile to understand your medical concerns and to ensure that he helps you meet your unique aesthetic goals.
Dr. Carmine G. McConnell is a board-certified physician in Plano TX. Having been trained at McMaster University, Canada, she went on to earn her board certification in Texas. Having served as Chief of Staff of her department at Plano Medical Center, she has over two decades of experience in practicing medicine in her practice and while assisting Dr. Achtman in the practice of dermatology. In addition to her extensive postgraduate training in laser therapy and aesthetic surgery, among other procedures, she possesses vast experience in both cosmetic dermatological techniques and family medicine. As a conscientious and caring physician, Dr. McConnell provides her patients with customized non-surgical treatments to help address health and aesthetic concerns related to the skin. She is also keen on helping patients understand their skin and how it can be cared for and protected.
Dr. Jordan Achtman is a board-certified dermatologist in DSA Dermatology at Plano, TX. Dr. J. Achtman graduated from the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia and completed his residency in dermatology at UT Southwestern. His expertise spans general, surgical, and cosmetic dermatology. Dr. J. Achtman also has various special interests including chronic itch, infectious diseases of the skin, and the relationship between mental health and skin health. He is also very keen on helping patients form healthy skincare regimens and habits. In the hands of Dr. J. Achtman, you can be assured of innovative and cutting edge solutions for all your skin concerns.