As a parent, you want to see your child healthy, happy, and trouble-free. When medical problems strike, you naturally want the best care available. While your pediatrician is the best choice for many common childhood ailments, certain conditions, such as skin disease, may be better treated by a physician with specialized skills. Dermatologists are trained to recognize and treat over 3000 skin conditions, in adults and children alike.
You can feel good about bringing your child to DSA Dermatology, where he or she will always be treated gently, with kindness, and compassion. We understand that medical appointments can be stressful for both children and parents. Our friendly, caring physicians and staff members will make every effort to ensure your visit is pleasant, comfortable, and stress-free, for you and your child. We will discuss your child’s skin problems, and work with you to develop a personalized treatment plan.
Some of the most common childhood skin diseases include:
- Eczema (atopic dermatitis) – Dry, itchy skin rash, usually beginning around the elbows or knees
- Chickenpox – This highly contagious and potentially dangerous rash can now be prevented with childhood vaccines
- Impetigo – A bacterial infection causing red, oozing sores
- Warts – These usually harmless, but often embarrassing, growths are caused by a virus
- Heat Rash – Inhibited sweat glands cause these small, red blisters, often seen on the neck and shoulders of infants
- Contact Dermatitis – A rash caused by an allergic reaction to something your child has touched
- Hives – Large, itchy, painful welts caused by an allergic reaction
- Roseola – An illness that begins with cold-like symptoms and a fever, followed by a rash of slightly raised, pink bumps
- Scarlet Fever – Along with bright red skin, symptoms include headache, fever, sore throat, swollen glands, and stomach pains
- Coxsackie – This common disease causes a non-itchy rash and painful sores in the mouth, which usually clear up in about a week
- Fifth Disease – This contagious illness is characterized by flu-like symptoms, flushed face, and a body rash
Childhood skin problems can cause your little one misery and embarrassment. They can also be symptoms of serious medical conditions. Let us help you keep your child healthy and happy! Call (972) 362-9567
and schedule an appointment at DSA Dermatology today.
At DSA Dermatology, we bring to you the best of two leading dermatologists in Plano TX, Dr. Daniel S. Achtman and Dr. Jordan. Achtman.
Dr. Achtman is a board-certified Dermatologist with over three decades of experience. Having graduated from the medical school of McMaster University, he also studied at the UTSW Medical Center in Dallas, TX where he also served as Chief Resident in the Department of Dermatology. In addition to possessing extensive training and experience in cosmetic enhancement techniques, Dr. Achtman is widely known as a leading expert in the diagnosis and treatment of various skin cancers. He is an active member of the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery. Dr. Achtman goes the extra mile to understand your medical concerns and to ensure that he helps you meet your unique aesthetic goals.
Dr. Jordan Achtman is a board-certified dermatologist in DSA Dermatology at Plano, TX. Dr. J. Achtman graduated from the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia and completed his residency in dermatology at UT Southwestern. His expertise spans general, surgical, and cosmetic dermatology. Dr. J. Achtman also has various special interests including chronic itch, infectious diseases of the skin, and the relationship between mental health and skin health. He is also very keen on helping patients form healthy skincare regimens and habits. In the hands of Dr. J. Achtman, you can be assured of innovative and cutting-edge solutions for all your skin concerns.