As a parent, you want to see your child healthy, happy, and trouble-free. When medical problems strike, you naturally want the best care available. While your pediatrician is the best choice for many common childhood ailments, certain conditions, such as skin disease, may be better treated by a physician with specialized skills. Dermatologists are trained to recognize and treat over 3000 skin conditions, in adults and children alike.
You can feel good about bringing your child to DSA Dermatology, where he or she will always be treated gently, with kindness, and compassion. We understand that medical appointments can be stressful for both children and parents. Our friendly, caring physicians and staff members will make every effort to ensure your visit is pleasant, comfortable, and stress-free, for you and your child. We will discuss your child’s skin problems, and work with you to develop a personalized treatment plan.
Some of the most common childhood skin diseases include:
- Eczema (atopic dermatitis) – Dry, itchy skin rash, usually beginning around the elbows or knees
- Chickenpox – This highly contagious and potentially dangerous rash can now be prevented with childhood vaccines
- Impetigo – A bacterial infection causing red, oozing sores
- Warts – These usually harmless, but often embarrassing, growths are caused by a virus
- Heat Rash – Inhibited sweat glands cause these small, red blisters, often seen on the neck and shoulders of infants
- Contact Dermatitis – A rash caused by an allergic reaction to something your child has touched
- Hives – Large, itchy, painful welts caused by an allergic reaction
- Roseola – An illness that begins with cold-like symptoms and a fever, followed by a rash of slightly raised, pink bumps
- Scarlet Fever – Along with bright red skin, symptoms include headache, fever, sore throat, swollen glands, and stomach pains
- Coxsackie – This common disease causes a non-itchy rash and painful sores in the mouth, which usually clear up in about a week
- Fifth Disease – This contagious illness is characterized by flu-like symptoms, flushed face, and a body rash
Childhood skin problems can cause your little one misery and embarrassment. They can also be symptoms of serious medical conditions. Let us help you keep your child healthy and happy! Call (972) 362-9567
and schedule an appointment at DSA Dermatology today.
- Infantile Eczema Plano - What is infantile eczema?
- Face Rashes In Children Plano - Common face and body rashes in children of Plano
- Find Pediatric Dermatologist Plano TX - How can Plano, TX area patients find a qualified pediatric dermatologist?
- Pediatric Dermatology Rash Plano - Dermatology office in Plano describes the different rash types commonly seen on the skin of children