Plano area dermatologist discuss the diagnosis and treatment of acne
Patients in the Plano, TX area who are struggling with acne are welcome to contact the team of DSA Dermatology. Drs. Daniel Achtman and Carmine McConnell provide a variety of acne treatment solutions.
How can acne be treated?
Treatment options for acne may include the following:
- Light therapies – exposure to certain lights can help in rejuvenating the skin and targeting bacteria contributing to the acne problem.
- Topical creams – the most common treatment is topical medications. While over-the-counter creams are popular, they are not always strong enough for severe cases of acne. Prescription-strength solutions may be more desirable.
- Oral medications – sometimes the issue is better handled from the inside out. Certain oral medications can be prescribed and taken regularly to control and even reverse acne.
- Chemical peels – removing the upper layer of skin with chemical peels can help in stimulating the body’s natural healing process to promote collagen production. Chemical peels can also reduce the amount of oils and bacteria on the surfaces of the skin contributing to acne.
- Laser therapies – laser light can target bacteria on the skin and help restore its health and beauty quickly with regular treatments over time.
- Skin care regimen – developing an effective way to cleanse and tone the skin can also help reduce acne.
Which treatment choice is right for me?
Treatment for acne is dependent on the patient and how the body reacts to certain medications. Sometimes, it can be a trial and error process. Our team will determine the type of acne present and then work with patients to find the treatment that offers best possible results!
call Call Us Today (972) 362-9567
Schedule an appointment today
Learn more about the diagnosis and treatment of acne by calling the team of DSA Dermatology at (972) 362-9567. The practice is conveniently located at 5072 W. Plano Pkwy, Suite 150, Plano, TX.
Back to Acne Page
At DSA Dermatology, we bring to you the best of not one but three leading dermatologists in Plano TX, Dr. Daniel S. Achtman, Dr. Carmine G. McConnell and Dr. Jordan. Achtman.
Dr. Achtman is a board-certified Dermatologist with over three decades of experience. Having graduated from the medical school of McMaster University, he also studied at the UTSW Medical Center in Dallas, TX where he also served as Chief Resident in the Department of Dermatology. In addition to possessing extensive training and experience in cosmetic enhancement techniques, Dr. Achtman is widely known as a leading expert in the diagnosis and treatment of various skin cancers. He is an active member of the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery. Dr. Achtman goes the extra mile to understand your medical concerns and to ensure that he helps you meet your unique aesthetic goals.
Dr. Carmine G. McConnell is a board-certified physician in Plano TX. Having been trained at McMaster University, Canada, she went on to earn her board certification in Texas. Having served as Chief of Staff of her department at Plano Medical Center, she has over two decades of experience in practicing medicine in her practice and while assisting Dr. Achtman in the practice of dermatology. In addition to her extensive postgraduate training in laser therapy and aesthetic surgery, among other procedures, she possesses vast experience in both cosmetic dermatological techniques and family medicine. As a conscientious and caring physician, Dr. McConnell provides her patients with customized non-surgical treatments to help address health and aesthetic concerns related to the skin. She is also keen on helping patients understand their skin and how it can be cared for and protected.
Dr. Jordan Achtman is a board-certified dermatologist in DSA Dermatology at Plano, TX. Dr. J. Achtman graduated from the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia and completed his residency in dermatology at UT Southwestern. His expertise spans general, surgical, and cosmetic dermatology. Dr. J. Achtman also has various special interests including chronic itch, infectious diseases of the skin, and the relationship between mental health and skin health. He is also very keen on helping patients form healthy skincare regimens and habits. In the hands of Dr. J. Achtman, you can be assured of innovative and cutting edge solutions for all your skin concerns.