Plano area dermatologists offer men's skin care solutions
While genetics can play a large part in the development of acne and other skin issues, for many men, their skin care routine may also be affecting the health and appearance of their skin. Instead of thinking that there's nothing you can do, at DSA Dermatology, we encourage men in the Plano, Texas area to develop a proper skin care routine that can assist them in maintaining healthier, more youthful looking skin for many years. Drs. Daniel Achtman and Carmine McConnell of DSA Dermatology are dermatologists who believe men can enhance their appearance and feel more confident by working with a professional to develop a proper care routine.
Below are some tips that our team of professionals may suggest for men considering developing a better skin care routine:
- Men, regardless of their age, should wear sunscreen not only when playing outdoor sports but think of it as an everyday part of their grooming, especially if they live in sunny states such as Texas. Sunscreen not only prevents the signs of aging, but also dramatically reduces the incidence of skin cancer. At DSA Dermatology, We have sunscreen for men that is not greasy or irritating to your eyes. Feel free to come by and try a sample of the perfect sunscreen for your skin and your activity whether it be playing soccer or having dinner outside.
- Many men feel as though moisturizing the skin will make the skin oily. but this is not always true. Oily skin may develop because the skin is overcompensating for dryness, so by moisturizing the skin after cleansing, it can control oil and fight dry, flaky skin problems. At DSA Dermatology, we have moisturizers for men that are oil free and unscented.
- Retinols and antioxidants such as Vitamin C or similar products can help keep fine lines and wrinkles at bay, allowing skin to look more youthful. At DSA Dermatology, we have anti-aging products for men that are not greasy and easy to use, sometimes these preparations can be used as little as once per week. Come by our office and have a complimentary demonstration of these anti-aging products.
- Don't forget hats and sunglasses can also dramatically reduce the aging and cancer causing effects of the sun. Again, you don't have to wear them just during outside sports activity, but consider wearing them to and from your car to your destination.
If you reside in or around the area of Plano, Texas and are interested in men's skin care, book an appointment with Drs. Daniel Achtman and Carmine McConnell today! We accept new and existing patients into our practice and welcome everyone with a friendly smile!
Back to Skin Care Home Page
- Men's Skin Care Plano - Plano area dermatologists offer men's skin care solutions
- Sun Damaged Skin Treatment Plano TX - Treatment for sun damaged skin in Plano, TX
- Skin Analysis and Treatment Plano Tx - Plano, TX area dermatologists provide skin analysis and treatment
- Skin Care Routine for Acne Plano - What is an appropriate skin care routine for acne patients in the Plano area?