Plano area dermatologists offer men's skin care solutions
While genetics can play a large part in the development of acne and other skin issues, for many men, their skin care routine may also be affecting the health and appearance of their skin. Instead of thinking that there's nothing you can do, at DSA Dermatology, we encourage men in the Plano, Texas area to develop a proper skin care routine that can assist them in maintaining healthier, more youthful looking skin for many years. Drs. Daniel Achtman and Carmine McConnell of DSA Dermatology are dermatologists who believe men can enhance their appearance and feel more confident by working with a professional to develop a proper care routine.
Below are some tips that our team of professionals may suggest for men considering developing a better skin care routine:
- Men, regardless of their age, should wear sunscreen not only when playing outdoor sports but think of it as an everyday part of their grooming, especially if they live in sunny states such as Texas. Sunscreen not only prevents the signs of aging, but also dramatically reduces the incidence of skin cancer. At DSA Dermatology, We have sunscreen for men that is not greasy or irritating to your eyes. Feel free to come by and try a sample of the perfect sunscreen for your skin and your activity whether it be playing soccer or having dinner outside.
- Many men feel as though moisturizing the skin will make the skin oily. but this is not always true. Oily skin may develop because the skin is overcompensating for dryness, so by moisturizing the skin after cleansing, it can control oil and fight dry, flaky skin problems. At DSA Dermatology, we have moisturizers for men that are oil free and unscented.
- Retinols and antioxidants such as Vitamin C or similar products can help keep fine lines and wrinkles at bay, allowing skin to look more youthful. At DSA Dermatology, we have anti-aging products for men that are not greasy and easy to use, sometimes these preparations can be used as little as once per week. Come by our office and have a complimentary demonstration of these anti-aging products.
- Don't forget hats and sunglasses can also dramatically reduce the aging and cancer causing effects of the sun. Again, you don't have to wear them just during outside sports activity, but consider wearing them to and from your car to your destination.
If you reside in or around the area of Plano, Texas and are interested in men's skin care, book an appointment with Drs. Daniel Achtman and Carmine McConnell today! We accept new and existing patients into our practice and welcome everyone with a friendly smile!
At DSA Dermatology, we bring to you the best of not one but three leading dermatologists in Plano TX, Dr. Daniel S. Achtman, Dr. Carmine G. McConnell and Dr. Jordan. Achtman.
Dr. Achtman is a board-certified Dermatologist with over three decades of experience. Having graduated from the medical school of McMaster University, he also studied at the UTSW Medical Center in Dallas, TX where he also served as Chief Resident in the Department of Dermatology. In addition to possessing extensive training and experience in cosmetic enhancement techniques, Dr. Achtman is widely known as a leading expert in the diagnosis and treatment of various skin cancers. He is an active member of the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery. Dr. Achtman goes the extra mile to understand your medical concerns and to ensure that he helps you meet your unique aesthetic goals.
Dr. Carmine G. McConnell is a board-certified physician in Plano TX. Having been trained at McMaster University, Canada, she went on to earn her board certification in Texas. Having served as Chief of Staff of her department at Plano Medical Center, she has over two decades of experience in practicing medicine in her practice and while assisting Dr. Achtman in the practice of dermatology. In addition to her extensive postgraduate training in laser therapy and aesthetic surgery, among other procedures, she possesses vast experience in both cosmetic dermatological techniques and family medicine. As a conscientious and caring physician, Dr. McConnell provides her patients with customized non-surgical treatments to help address health and aesthetic concerns related to the skin. She is also keen on helping patients understand their skin and how it can be cared for and protected.
Dr. Jordan Achtman is a board-certified dermatologist in DSA Dermatology at Plano, TX. Dr. J. Achtman graduated from the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia and completed his residency in dermatology at UT Southwestern. His expertise spans general, surgical, and cosmetic dermatology. Dr. J. Achtman also has various special interests including chronic itch, infectious diseases of the skin, and the relationship between mental health and skin health. He is also very keen on helping patients form healthy skincare regimens and habits. In the hands of Dr. J. Achtman, you can be assured of innovative and cutting edge solutions for all your skin concerns.
Back to Skin Care Home Page
- Men's Skin Care Plano - Plano area dermatologists offer men's skin care solutions
- Sun Damaged Skin Treatment Plano TX - Treatment for sun damaged skin in Plano, TX
- Skin Analysis and Treatment Plano Tx - Plano, TX area dermatologists provide skin analysis and treatment
- Skin Care Routine for Acne Plano - What is an appropriate skin care routine for acne patients in the Plano area?