What is the most effective melasma treatment for Plano, TX area residents?
Melasma is a common skin disorder that can affect nearly anyone, but is commonly seen in women with fair to medium complexions. It is typically linked to the female hormones estrogen and progesterone, and can be triggered by sun exposure. It may be noticed more in patients who are:
- Women taking oral contraceptives
- Those on HRT (hormone replacement therapy) during menopause
Melasma is diagnosed by certain patterns of color changes that occur in the skin. It is often characterized by irregular larger brown color spots that appears on areas of the face, including the forehead, upper lip, and nose. Many of these spots are symmetrical and appear on both sides of the face.
Once patients have visited DSA Dermatology in Plano, TX and have received a proper diagnosis from Drs. Daniel Achtman or Carmine McConnell, they can consider melasma treatment
A dermatologist may help patients reduce or eliminate their melasma in several ways, which may include:
- Ceasing the use of hormonal medications that triggered the response
- Use of laser therapies to reduce hyperpigmentation in the troubled areas
- Use of chemical peels
- Use of topical bleaching creams
- Use of medicated creams with tretinoin, azelaic acid, and hydroquinone alternatives
The treatment chosen for patients will depend on the severity of their condition, their budget, and treatment time. The professional team at DSA Dermatology can also work with patients to determine how to avoid future flare-ups of melasma, including the reduction of sun exposure, the use of sunscreen every day, and avoiding hormones—if possible—which trigger the condition.
If you are dealing with a hyperpigmentation concern such as melasma, and are ready to seek effective treatment, contact Drs. Daniel Achtman and Carmine McConnell today to schedule your free consultation appointment at our convenient Plano
, TX facility. You can learn about ways to handle flare-ups, avoid pigmentation triggers, and deal with existing melasma areas on the body. We offer a wide range of treatment options for those who are interested in controlling their condition and finding a long-term solution.
Back to Brown Spots/Melasma Home Page
- Plano Dermatologist - Plano area dermatologist describes melasma
- Signs Of Melasma Plano TX - Plano, TX area dermatologist describes the signs of melasma
- How To Get Rid Of Brown Spots On Face Plano - Plano dermatologists describe how patients can work to get rid of brown spots on the face
- How to Get Rid of Brown Spots Plano - Plano area dermatologists explain how to get rid of brown spots on the skin
- Melasma Treatment Plano TX - What is the most effective melasma treatment for Plano, TX area residents?